This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, July 31, 2009

Dad didn't take his meds...

Mom went to visit Dad again today. She was told he did not take his meds, but Dad was sacked out in his bed asleep in his PJ's when Mom arrived. God Bless Mom, but she scrounged around Dad's room and found an old pair of glasses and brought them in for Dad.

She brought him grapes and ginger snaps. He was enjoying them when the Social Worker came in and told him not to ruin his appetite. Shortly after, his dinner arrived as Mom hung onto the foot of his bed, so she would not get sucked into the vacuum caused by Dad's voracious appetite! After eating, he was tired and wanted to go back to sleep. Mom agrees, he seems so tired, yet he did not take any medication to make him sleepy. She said he kept his eyes closed most of her visit.

Mom said she wasn't sure which was worse, seeing Dad so out of it, or him being agitated and depressed...

God Bless Mom. I know all of us hate going to the Psych ward... especially, alone! To her credit, she has been there every day for Dad. I really love and appreciate her being there for Dad.

I've had a wonderful, full day with my daughters. We just finished barbecued steaks, baked potatoes, roasted veggies, corn on the cob, and salad. We planned on going out again tonight... but I cannot walk another step or keep my eyes open. We have been going since 7am and I am pooped.

Sweet dreams, cozy, cozy, talk with you all tomorrow....

No comments: