This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Monday, July 6, 2009

A day full of errands and phone calls...

This morning I felt like my eyeballs had been pried out with screw drivers, jumped up and down on by a sumo wrestler in golf cleats, rolled in hot sand and salt and then sling-shotted back into my eye sockets.

Yesterday was the PITS! Here we are after one month, and so far to go...

The spa man was here at 7am cleaning the spa, which was way over due. The gardeners did the yard and in between I was making phone calls about and for Dad. I KNOW I have to have a Plan B in place, in case this facility will not keep Dad. The thought of Dad in a lock down unit sends revulsion throughout my body and fries my brain. I spoke with the administrator and he gave me the name of a few places, but told me not to worry.

Mom was back and forth between Social Security and the facility trying to get Dad a replacement card, and getting Dad to sign papers. She had to take copies to the facility from the Medi-Cal paperwork and my 2nd oldest brother is mailing out the additional documentation Medi-Cal needs.

Thank you Lord, Dad TOOK his medications today!!

We found out the Care Conference for Dad will be next Tuesday. So far, all of us except our youngest brother and our brother in Ohio will be there. I will attend via phone conference.

I spoke with each of my siblings and Mom today. Most of us slept like crap and are having a difficult time eating. We feel like we are waiting for another Tsunami...

No comments: