This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, July 31, 2009

Dad lost his glasses...

Dad lost his glasses... Mom went to visit Dad today, and forgot about the strict visiting hours at the psych ward. Thankfully, after two reminders, they let her visit Dad anyway. Hope they can find his glasses. Otherwise, he will have to wait until he returns to the nursing home, then he will have to wait until the eye doctor can examine him. That could take a month!

Dad's appetite was really good today and he ate everything, plus extra snacks. The doctor put Dad on some anti-depression medication. Hope it helps. I just can not figure out why he will take his meds there, but not at the nursing home...

Today my husband totally shocked me speechless... My husband usually gets home at 5:30 pm but I heard his key in the front door lock at 3pm. I jumped up all excited to see him and asked how he got off early? Somberly, he asked me to come out and look at his car. Oh CRAP! I figured he got a scrape or someone hit his car.

So we go outside, and I am looking at his car, and he says, SURPRISE!!! Out pops my two daughters from behind my car!! I was flabbergasted and speechless!!! They weren't suppose to arrive until tomorrow!!

They drove out this morning and were in Vegas by 9:30 am. Of course they co-ordinated with my husband who had meetings... so they occupied themselves shopping on the Strip. I am still in shock! I get to be with them for 5 whole nights!!!

It will be wonderful to spend time as daughters and Mothers do... Enjoying doing nothing, any thing really, just being together. My eldest daughter will be orchestrating our day tomorrow, I have no doubt. We'll have to make a list of everything we want to do and see so we can cram it all in.

As my husband, and two daughters are sound asleep...I sit in the living room blogging away on my Mac. I just can't believe it. Tomorrow I will wake up and we have the entire day ahead of us... I am sooooooooooo happy!!! I better get some sleep myself! I'm going to need it...

No comments: