This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I can't say I'm surprised, I think I am numb...

Mom got a call at 6:45 am from the supervisor of the south ward. Dad was restless and pacing the halls last night. When the nurse tried to get him to go to his room, he was combative. She told Mom she is going to call both his doctors.

I don't trust that supervisor... she was the one who sent Dad to the hospital with chest pain, despite the EMTs telling her he seemed fine. I have told them at least 4 times to call me if Dad won't take his meds. They have not called even once. Last night, the nurse had Mom give Dad his anti-psychotic 4 hours early, because Dad usually refuses it at 9 pm. This is the second time they have tried to do this, that I know of...

I told Mom I would call her after my doctor appointment. When I got home, I checked my email: Dad is being transferred back to the psych ward... I called Mom and she was in a panic, frantically calling locked facilities. She is certain Dad will be kicked out of where he is.

It's like Dad has been walking a wet, slippery, tightrope over a huge, dark, swirling, whirlpool. It was just a matter of time before he'd slip and fall back into the black hole.

Now, all we can do is wait...

No comments: