This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dare I think, no news is good news??

Outside there are big rolls of thunder, its hot, its muggy... last night there was lightning...Walter Chronkite died yesterday...there is just an ominous vein of doom out there..but there were no phone calls about Dad.

I called today to check on him. They told me he took his medications at 9:30am and ate 50% of his breakfast. Yesterday, my sister told me Dad did not eat breakfast or his lunch, yet when I called and inquired, they told me he ate 30% of his dinner, 70% of his lunch and 30% of his breakfast. That is in definite contrast to what my Mom and sister observed. Maybe they got the lunch and dinner mixed up???

The nurse told me "Dad was stable and walking the halls".

I have still not recovered from Dad telling me it was my fault he has to stay there because I canceled his SCAN...and a few other choice comments. I just wasn't ready for more...spent the day reading The 36 Hour Day by Nancy L. Mace, M.A., and Peter V. Rabins, M.D., M.P.H. Trying to "bone up" on professional advice on what to say and how to act around Alzheimer patients...

Gearing up to talk with Dad's doctors and get some answers. I'll call Dad tomorrow...

No comments: