This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dad's quest for freedom...

This morning Mom called to tell me Dad had escaped out the front door of the facility again, this time at 12:30am and he took off running into the night. Apparently, the staff had a heck of a time catching him. Once they did, Dad said "he was just going for a run".

My first thought was to make sure Dad would take his meds and if they will kick him out. Mom and my second youngest brother went down and my brother got Dad to take his meds. The Director of Nursing (new to the position for two weeks) and the Social Worker requested they sign a "counseling notice". WE were the one to call the meeting!!!

I just can't stop being so grateful for my siblings. I just cannot imagine going through this without them.

Today was very tough for me emotionally. I am struggling with some emotions and most likely, going through the various phases of grief and mourning. I canceled all my appointments today and called another facility on my list that is more secure. We got to have a Plan B.

I cleaned the house, made three dozen cookies and then took a long nap. It did me good.

No comments: