This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Don't know what I did...

Not sure if I slept on my hand wrong two nights ago, or slept with my left hand in a fist...which for some reason, I have been doing a lot lately... My hand and fingers are so sore I can barely type, let along hold anything with the slightest weight. Kinda looks like my ring finger is bruised.

We had our Care Conference yesterday with Dad's facility. I attended via the phone. What a waste of time. Right out of the gate they wanted another advance directive with Dad. My second oldest brother asked them, "Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Shouldn't we find out how our Father is and what his general health is?" They couldn't even tell us if he had lost or gained weight...

They were installing cable in the roof for the new TV's and the banging and sawing made it extremely difficult to hear anything being said. I asked some questions, but I was very disappointed.

I need to talk to my Dad today. I need to hear his voice. Daily I find out from Mom or my sister or from one of my brothers, but I have not spoken to him since Saturday.

I called around for a plan B for Dad yesterday before my hand was so dang sore I had to take wrap it in an Ace bandage, take a Motrin and take a nap so it wouldn't drive me crazy...

I feel restless and useless...I miss my Dad...

No comments: