This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, July 10, 2009

All aboard the hell train...

Early this morning my husband awoke me by handing me my cell phone. It was Mom telling me the nursing home had called her. Apparently, Dad complained of chest pains so the nursing home transported him to the hospital by ambulance.

They ran blood tests and took an EKG, but here it is almost 8pm and no results?? Mom has been camped out there at the hospital for nearly 12 hours today. She is afraid to leave. She thinks Dad will get up and leave during the night. Both my sister and I assured her the hospital would keep their eyes on him... Still, she won't leave.

Dad is gobbling up any food the hospital puts in front of him. I spoke with him and he sounded a little confused, but well. I wonder if he had heartburn?

I spoke with the emergency nurse this morning and Dad's charge nurse tonight. This morning, they thought he would stay 24 hours... this evening, there are no orders from the doctor to discharge him. We know how it goes with hospitals and the weekends... he will most likely go home on Monday.

We all feel like we are on a roller coaster from Hell.... up and down and all around... it is just a hell train ride... no control.... whipping us around sharp curves, not knowing what to expect next... no clue where we are going...Medi-Cal up in the air, waiting for approval... will the nursing home keep Dad? Will we have to find him a new place? Is Dad ill? Is he planning an escape? What the hell is going on???

Time to stop, breathe and remember that trapeze of Faith... take a leap of faith, through the fog, into the arms of the Lord...

No comments: