This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Monday, July 13, 2009

Back in the saddle again...

Dad's doctor releasedd him from the hospital yesterday, and sent him back to the facility. Mom spent a lot of time with Dad and my sister and 2nd youngest brother visited.

Tomorrow is our Care Conference with the facilities care givers and the family. I will attend via phone conference call. Sure hope we get some answers. Hope they agree to keep Dad...guess that depends on how he acts...

I spent the weekend reading some wonderful words from Mom's devotional, that I wanted to share with everyone. She made me a copy a couple weeks back when I was in California and staying with her. The words really bring me comfort and peace.

I decided I better check with the author for permission, so when and if I get it, I will share the words with you all.

The weather is hot and I find myself becoming more at peace with Dad's situation. It really is all out of our control. We have to make sure he is safe and cared for, and if the facility won't keep him, we'll just have to find him another.

It will never be easy accepting Dad's condition. I do have a difficult time being away from him for a month. I don't want him to forget me... All I know is, I will never forget him.

No comments: