This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dad seems to be going down hill... for August 1, 2009

Mom visited Dad on Saturday, and again, he was sleeping. He had not eaten his dinner. The nurse asked Mom to see if she could get him to eat and to drink some water. She got him to eat it all as well as three glasses of water and some coffee. As soon as he finished eating, he was ready to return to sleep.

My sister in very worried Dad is shutting down. Mom is the only one seeing Dad lately. My sister is sick, and everyone else is busy or has something going. The doctor changed his heart medication because his heart is beating too fast. His medication was changed to Digoxin to slow his heart rate down and to strengthen his heart muscle.

I hope to God he is not giving up... The doctor gave him a tranquilizer, and I know that will make him sleepy. Dad takes so many medications and the doctors keep changing them, and not letting us know!

Right now, I feel kind of irked with the Psychiatrist and the doctor for not updating us and letting us know how Dad is doing. I am calling tomorrow to try and talk with Dad. It is not good that is he is laying around so much. He will end up with pneumonia again!

Dad, please hang in there! Our second oldest brother is coming tomorrow to visit him. I will be calling on Monday to find out what the heck is going on with him!!!

It seems the cards seem to continually stack higher and higher against Dad...

Please Lord, keep him safe and well. Please let him feel Your Love and Peace. Please give him a brighter outlook and to see how everyone is trying to help him. Please let him feel how much we all love him and want him to be as strong as he can be.

I am praying for you Dad... sending you lots of love and tenderness. I long to be with you.... please hang in there Dad...I will be there in 10 days...

No comments: