This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dad got a buzz cut...

Found out my second to the oldest brother visited Dad yesterday. He said Dad looked good with his new buzz cut. Say good-bye to his Clint Eastwood look... I kinda liked it...

He said Dad looked a lot healthier having gained some weight. I noticed the other day he was sporting a little belly action. My brother said mentally Dad can't finish a thought or a sentence. I keep imagining Dad's brain... The CT Scan showed his brain was so atrophied, the doctors were "blown away" he could still talk. I can't help but imagine all the short circuited neutrons and mental connectors in his brain. It seems like Dad had a forest fire in his brain cells and so much has gone...

Been trying to call and talk to the nurse and there is no answer. The operator said she is probably dispensing the meds. I'll try back in an hour... Just want to check in on him and the status of his hand. I will try to talk with him as well.

It is almost 9:30pm and I finally spoke with the charge nurse. She said Dad was more alert and talking more, but staying in bed. His hand still hurts. He has degenerative joint disease in his right hand, so that really limits him. Basically, it is old bones...I wonder if he should take some calcium. They are keeping his hand elevated with ice packs and giving him pain pills at night so he can sleep. The nurse told me she really liked his new hair cut.

I wanted to talk with him, but he was asleep...sweet dreams Dad. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: