This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Monday, October 12, 2009

Treasured time and technicolor...

This is my sister's 2nd art project she finished on the 10 x 10 canvas. I just LOVE the sky background and once again, her freehand print is gorgeous! Her little love cottage is adorable.

I am doing a 12 x 12 collage on painted canvas. Mine is still a work in progress, but I will share when it is finished.

Had to drop her off at the airport tonight at 5:30pm. Her flight was scheduled to leave at 7:30pm, but she was delayed. Her flight won't leave until 8:20pm...

Good thing she discovered she was able to get online. The long delay won't seem so bad when she can use her laptop to organize her photos and answer email.

Wish I could have stayed with her at the airport, so we could squeeze out more treasured time together... but I have slow growing cataracts that interfere with my night driving. We had so much fun. It felt like she arrived yesterday, and had to leave too soon....I miss her already.

I just heard from my husband, he was suppose to spend the night at his son's house and come home tomorrow. He has decided to drive home tonight! YIPPEE!! He is in Barstow, so I expect him before 10pm.

Mom visited Dad today, after a lunch-less, rough day at work. The nurses told Mom Dad had been pretty quiet all day, but as soon as she walked into his room, he was non-stop talking.
He talked of the past, and his dead uncle. He talked of the two of them, going to the World War II Memorial in Washington, DC. About a year before Dad went into the hospital, he talked of wanting to go to Washington, DC to see the Memorial. It is so sad we were not able to get him there...

Mom said Dad's favorite word today, was technicolor. She said he peppered his pontifications with that particular word the entire visit. Dad pretty much pontificates rather than takes part in a two way conversation, which is very frustrating for Mom. She passes the time by writing down everything he says.

This past Sunday, after church, Mom went to a World War II musical today with some of her friends. At the end, they played each branch of the service's Song, and those in the audience from each branch, were to stand up as "their" song was sung. Mom stood during the Marine Anthem, and the tears rolled. It was a very emotional afternoon for her, but emotional burdens are lessened considerably, with the company of good friends.

No comments: