This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A day at the movies...

This morning we blended up our protein shakes and my sister and I decided we would go see some movies. We saw Couples Retreat and Whip It. Really enjoyed Couples. I don't particularly care for Vince Vaughn, but he seemed like he "dialed it down a couple notches". He had some remarks, but a lot less goofy. It had some thoughts to ponder, some drama and some good humor. On a scale from one to ten, my sister rated them both as a 5. I would rate Couples with a 7 or 8 (I'll see it again with my husband) and I would give Whip It (about women's roller derby) a 6. The acting was good, but too much knocking and smashing for me...

After the movies, we made a Michael's run for more art supplies. If we can stay awake, we plan on finishing our art projects...

Our last stop was to Smiths for some groceries. My sister requested my chicken again, instead of going out to dinner. She made her macaroni salad and boiled and mashed the cauliflower. I am diligently attempting to substitute mashed cauliflower for potatoes. We finished off the rest of the salad and had a nice beet-cucumber salad with oil & vinegar. Good eats... but we both are STUFFED! We missed lunch going to the two movies.

I can feel my eye lids turning into lead weights... and it is only 9:30 pm...

No comments: