This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dad had a fall yesterday...

Dad had a fall yesterday, but thankfully he is OK... His elbows were scraped to where they bled.  His skin is like tissue paper and he bruises so easy.

I was so fed up that the nurse never called me back after my trying repeatedly all day and not reaching anyone until 8pm at night.  It was then, I found out he had fallen at 2pm.  I was so ANGRY!  I called Mom and was blowing a ton of steam, after I gave both barrels to the night nurse.  I am frustrated being so far away and being the main contact person, only to have them NOT contact me!

Mom called me this morning.  She went right down to the nursing home to check on him and to give me a "first hand account" of how he looked and seemed.  I got to talk to him, which made me emotional, since I have not heard his voice in so long.  He was very excited to hear about Izzy and suggested I get her a sweater coat to wear when we are walking since it is getting so chilly here.  She and I will have to take another trip to Petsmart for a sweater for her...

I called his primary doctor about an order for his compression stockings and called the Director of Nursing about making sure I am notified with any changes with Dad.  I got two phone calls so far this morning, from the nursing home...and they did, finally get orders for his compression stockings.  Don't even think about messin' with our Dad!!!

No comments: