This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A lump in my throat...

My prayers were answered...after posting my blog, my sister called me to tell me both Mom and my youngest brother E___ had visited Dad today...  Here is the email he sent us, minus the pictures...

Guys,


I saw Pops today and I brought him a pumpkin shake from Jack in the box.

He enjoyed it.

When I arrived I asked him what he was doing and he said praying. We talked some about what was going on and he said they promised he could watch the game tonight. (Angels game)

We went out on the patio so we could relax and he could finish his shake. His left hand was swollen and I asked him if it hurt and he said it wasn't, so I moved on. I showed him some pictures of M___, J____, the pups and I and we talked about what a nice family it is. He said he was praying for that.

I then took a few pictures of him working his shake and of us both. The nurse said he sings a lot so I asked him if he could sing me a song. He told me he can't right now. A leaf fell on him and we talked about how beautiful the trees and changing colors were.

I brought him back inside after a brief walk out of his wheelchair because the smoking crew came outside to smoke. He said, I guess I'm in the smoking section.  I got a kick out of that...

We heard music coming from the recreation room so I used that as an excuse to go in and pops agreed. He started to ask me for something, then I remembered I brought him gum, and he said, yeah, he would like some. I asked him, how many one or two? He said three! That cracked me up too...

I gave him a hug, whisker rub and told him I loved him. He said, it is always good to see you too. He gave me a kiss, when I hugged him, and I left.

After I left the room, I looked through the window and he didn't see me.  I watched him close his eyes and do the sign of the cross...

I got a little lump in my throat. I took it as he was saying a prayer for me. Bless his heart.

P.S. Pops is rocking a little belly with all the good grub we have been bringing him.

Love you all,

E

No comments: