This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A signature mission with Dad...

My sister and second to youngest brother had a mission today. Mom finally received four pages of verification to get Dad's PERS pension deposited into Mom's account. Their mission, should they decide to accept it, is to get Dad to sign all four pages... Dad has been having more and more difficulty just signing once on his pension check, let alone four pages. When we needed Dad's signature on the Medi-Cal forms, Dad printed our neighbor's name on the forms.

Dad has a new room mate, so their room was not as quiet as it usually is, with three people visiting next to Dad's bed. Dad is hard of hearing, but with all the noise, he couldn't hear my sister's explanation of why they needed four signatures. My sister said he was very confused. She had to write his name for him on another sheet of paper to show him what she wanted him to do.

Dad was clearly exhausted, and shortly after signing the papers, the CNA came in to change him into his night clothes for bed. My brother and sister had to wait awhile in the hall way, and by the time the CNA was finished, Dad was half asleep.

They tucked him in with kisses and hugs, and blew him kisses and they left the room...

No comments: