This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pajamas and painting...

My sister and I woke up late today... almost 11 am. We were in the jacuzzi at 3 am and finally got to bed around 4. We had our protein shakes and fired up the laptops. We organized the photos we took yesterday and answered some emails.

We have been wanting to paint/collage together for some time now. My sister was inspired after reading Kelly Rae Roberts' book, TAKING FLIGHT. After describing it to me, I was anxious to investigate. The weather was beautiful today, so we were able to work in my garage studio without melting. We made use of the small tripod I bought, documenting our creative process. It was fun creating together. Here we are hard at work....

We finished one project each and have started two more...

I have to get myself an iPod recharger/player dock thingy (or whatever you call those contraptions) so we can listen to music while we create. There is lousy reception up here on the hill where I live, so the only station that comes in, is country.

Not that I mind country, I really enjoy it, and my sister would tolerate it, but the volume is weird on the radio in the garage. It would have blasted us out of our chairs, not to mention we would not have been able to think, let alone concentrate...

Here is what my sister finished... She painted over her layers of texture and gel medium, allowing the textures to make her surface more interesting. She painted the female figure all free hand without any pattern. I think she did a fantastic job!!!



And this is mine...



They were both experiments. I am not completely happy with mine. I felt I put too much vintage photo ink on it and made the words more difficult to read. It says, Your heart is my castle, in case you can't read it. My sister thinks the dark on the left, the under layer of paper, looked like the shape of a woman. Which was not intentional, on my part. The castle can be seen faintly through the layer of Golden gel medium and acrylic paint. The under layer is torn layers of various scrapping paper, (or newsprint, or any type texture you wish).

It was a fun, productive day. We both are exhausted. I can barely think, I am so tired. My sister has gone to bed and here I sit, on the couch, with my laptop, desperately attempting to keep my eyes open. I think it is time to call it a night and hit the sack... sweet dreams everyone...

No comments: