This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thankful for moments and memories...

Thank you Lord
for holding the rain
during my travels back home

Thank you Lord
for Dad being available to talk
and no soreness from his fall

Thank you Lord
for my daughters
my precious grandsons
my family
my brothers
my bond with my sister
Thank you Lord
for the moments and memories

Made good time
 hardly any traffic
Izzy soooo excited to see me
making me smile and laugh
to see her happy face when she realized it was me
We RAN around the neighborhood
TWICE
sooooo much pent up energy
 unpacked the car
out again to drain more energy
following me from room to room
unpacking and putting away
typing now on the computer
and she lies
passed out
on her office bed
still wearing her harness and jacket
such a pooped little pup..

Waiting for my hubby
anxious to have his arms
around me

Thank you Lord
I am so very thankful
for special
moments and memories...



3 comments:

Mari said...

Much to be thankful for!

Wander to the Wayside said...

Glad you're home safely, and know how good it was to see Izzy's face!

mickeydee said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound. I have been thinking of you driving with this rain. I'm sure Izzy is thrilled that you are home!