This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning...


I start re-organizing and cleaning in January so I will be all ship shape by Spring.
Separating my 2009 records from my 2010 records is always a chore I hate...
so I like to do big jobs first.  Besides, I have to get ready for tax time.

There is something so invigorating about getting my world in order...knowing where everything is, instead of several hours searching in drawers and cupboards trying to remember where I last saw something.

I am so anal, I save everything...I laughed when I read a new blogger friend's blog about throwing out 35 years of calendars...that is me too!!!  I also save old phone books..old cell phones.and old glasses.  I swear, I have to donate all that stuff...

I like to start a new year with a clean desk...it takes me an entire year to pile it up with papers and things to read.  I rarely read the things I save, so I am going to do my best to not hold on to so much paper.  I could save a forest of trees if I could get all the junk mail to stop.  I used to get scads of catalogs, but felt too guilty contributing to the killing all those trees. I canceled them all... Some days, I feel like I am drowning in paper!

With everything going on with Dad, I have gotten so behind.  I used to feel like I was half way organized, but lately, it's a real crap shoot trying to find anything I am looking for...

4 comments:

Fran Hill said...

It's crazy, isn't it, when the technological age promised us so much in terms of getting rid of all the paper. Seems to me, it's just got worse. Good luck with the reorganising.

Donna B. said...

Fran, you are so right...with all the good that comes from technology, there still seems to be so much wasted paper. No wonder we are losing so many trees!

Laisa...your art and jewelry are beautiful!! Everyone check it out!

Donna said...

Hey Donna, give me some of your energy for Spring cleaning. I too have to go through my files and get rid of all the old stuff and get the income tax stuff ready. I hate this time of year just for that reason. I have a goal of spring cleanning the house too. We will see if it happens. LOL

Donna B. said...

Donna: I know, I hear ya girlfriend! I hate it too...but the sooner I get it done then I don't have to think of it again until next year. Every year I tell myself to get a better system to make it easier to gather...but every year, I am saying the same thing to myself!
I have been trying to clean out our garage for two years. Can't do it during the summer...TOO HOT!!