This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Are these stepping stones offering me a path to the fruition of a dream?

Today is one of those pajama days...no plans, no objective, other than to putter and probe. My husband needs these "lost weekends" to recharge from the stress of his job.  He becomes a professional napper.  Instead of being productive, getting projects finished, I tend to be absorbed into my creative quests...

After inquiring the other night, at our local favorite place to eat, the manager offered me her card.  I  had asked if they were under any agreement with the artist whose art adorns their walls...and what type of paintings they prefer.  Abstracts, were her answer.  She told me to bring in some of my work...

Never mind, I don't have anything big enough, as they want larger pieces. I could go into a creative vacuum and produce what is required... Often, I get such great ideas, at the right time, but then lack the productive fortitude to rise to the occasion.  Whether it is procrastination, or the process of being overly critical of my work, it sabotages me.

Often, when our Creative Genius speaks to us with these brilliant messages, we dismiss it or we hesitate. Not realizing those intuitive insights for opportunity, are gifts. If we don't listen, we lose the opportunity and it flows on to someone who jumps on it and rides it to completion...

The other night when my husband and I went to see a one woman show by Linda, from http://vegaslindalou.blogspot.com/, promoting her book, BASTARD HUSBAND, A Love Story. I kept thinking of what she wrote on her January 28, 2010 post, entitled, Holy Crap, I have my own Las Vegas show!.. " Four months ago my book was still sitting in my lap top and now its for sale at my own Las Vegas show.  If I can do it, so can you.  I'm 52 years old; its never too late."

The other day, while having my eye glasses adjusted, my regular tech, Kenny, told me his 89 year old Mother just had a book published.  Two years ago, she wrote it down by hand and Kenny and his wife typed it up. It is entitled, A MOTHER'S STORY and it is about growing up in the Depression. It is not only being sold by Barnes and Noble and Amazon, but some Library in Pennsyvania wants it for it's documentation of history.

I sense these messages are not just happenstance.  These are the kind of whispers from my inner guide, prompting me, urging me to pursue my creative instincts. Nothing ventured, nothing gained... Dare I say it out loud? Are these stepping stones offering me a path to the fruition of a dream?

5 comments:

gayle said...

Yes, I think that they are...go for it!!

Wander to the Wayside said...

I agree, go for it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Donna, have you showed any photos of your work on your blog that I missed? I'd love to see some of it.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

It's never too late, I firmly believe it. I can't imagine what I'll be doing in my 80s!

Donna B. said...

Thanks gayle...

Thanks Wander (Linda) Yes, look under my labels for Art.

I know you are right Linda...you are one of my examples...

Donna said...

You are so tanlented not only as an artist, but I think you could write a book about your journey with your Father. You go for it girl.