This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Arrived to California safe and sound...


It was a hectic morning, finishing up all the loose ends, loading up the car, and waiting at the Vets to drop off Izzy.  We had to wait over an hour, but Izzy was very friendly with the dogs in the waiting room, which was a pleasant surprise.  Finally got out of there by 11:30 am.

I turned on my new Susan Boyle CD and 3.5 hours just flew by.  I think that is a new record for me.  I was totally lost in thought, and I caught myself doing over 80 mph a few times.  Gotta watch that...

Got to Mom's house and had some time to visit before she went off to have her hair done.  I unloaded and relaxed a bit.  When she was finished we were off to Chiles for the the 2 for $20 dinner.  We had a good visit and then went to see LEAP YEAR.  What an adorable movie!!!  We both gave it a thumbs up. Gorgeous scenery of Ireland...

Mom is watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, while I am on my lap top.  My eye lids are heavy, but I have a topic for my other blog and want to get it down while I have it in my mind....

Tomorrow I go visit Dad...

2 comments:

Wander to the Wayside said...

I've been finding myself lost in thought while driving lately, too. Looking down and seeing that I'm going 80. What's with that? I wonder sometimes if I don't just go with the flow of the other traffic, and they're the ones making me speed!

Donna B. said...

Hi Wander...ck out my complete profile and read my other blog...Discovering the Purpose of Our Lives...the thoughts I was lost in, I wrote about on there...