This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dad won at Bingo...

Mom went to visit Dad and found him in bed.  His left foot has a blister on it.  His circulation is really bad in both his legs, but he refuses to wear his compression stockings.  His feet were a bright purple and had to be elevated in bed to get the blood back to his feet.

Mom got him up and took him in to play Bingo.  The cards are huge and the markers are big poker chips to cover the numbers called.  Mom helped Dad and he won!  They give him play money to spend in the Bingo store.  That made him happy.

Mom apprciates the nice Aide that calls Dad, Papa.  We all thank her whenever we are in there to visit Dad.  Dad did not have much to say, so after Bingo, Mom had him tucked back into bed so he could eat his dinner...

1 comment:

Jonny J Petros said...

Cute story about the Bingo game.I always see bingo on the calendar when we go visit my husband's mother in a home. I have to ask if they do the money.Best wishes,Jonny