This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ready or not, here comes 2010....


Happy New Year everyone!  We brought in the new year with some good friends.  I whipped up a big batch of Italiano spaghetti, followed by a rousing card game.  At mid-night, we all went outside and blew our noise makers and "poppers" and blew our horns.
It was a nice, relaxing, fun evening.

We invited our friends to spend the night and the next morning, I cooked up a big breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast, O'Brien potatoes, turkey sausage links and fresh french vanilla coffee.


Once the champagne and wine wore off, I realized I had twisted my back and spent most of New Years day, napping, after watching our youngest son's College Band in the Rose Parade...


Izzy enjoyed herself, and did not want to be left out of the festivities...doesn't it look like she is saying, "Happy New Year"?  (Actually, I think it was a yawn, and  more like, "When are you weirdos going to stop all the racket and give me some peace and quiet so I can get SOME SLEEP!!")

My wonderful hubby went out into the cold last night to purchase some of those ICY HOT patches for my sore back.  Those things really help!

I am contemplating my new years resolutions...but so far, my head is a blank....

3 comments:

Mari said...

Happy New Year! I love that your guests stayed overnight and extended the party. Izzy looks pretty cute!

Cindi said...

you all look like you are having fun.. sorry about the back!! hope you feel better soon.. been looking for you on painting friends, to let you in.. did i miss you?? have a good day!

WhiteStone said...

You should try to be less serious in your photos of self. lol