This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Twilight Time and Pizza...


I painted a watercolor for Dad tonight. I'm calling it Twilight Time. I just wanted to put down some of Dad's favorite colors, just an abstract for him to enjoy the color and mood. After I felt it was done, I looked at it from different perspectives, and saw what looked like a girl sleeping. Dad always enjoyed my paintings and even when it was suppose to be something, he would see a whole new painting within it.

While I was painting, my sister called and said she and my second to the youngest brother had just finished a great visit with Dad. They brought Dad his pizza! Boy was THAT a hit!! He looked handsome in his blue shirt and jeans. Blue is his favorite color. They felt he was more present this visit and really enjoyed their visit with him. His TV is hooked up now and he was watching the Angel game.

Mom went to see Dad just after lunch. She brought him his almonds and some Doritos. He was happy to see her and she said they had a normal conversation for a short time, before Dad began telling her the TV was announcing his name several times a day. She was surprised to hear Dad enjoys watching Oprah now.

The nurses had nothing but praise reports for Dad, on how good he is and how handsome he looks today. I am so relieved Dad is more relaxed instead of stressed and tormented. My sister told me Dad is excited my husband and I are coming to see him. He really cares for my husband, so I know Dad will be so happy to see him.

Better finish my packing. We plan to leave around 6am....California, here we come....

2 comments:

Donna said...

Donna, that is the first thing I noticed in your painting, a girl with blond hair wrapped in a blanket. It is amazing what you can find in an abstract. Hope you have a wonderful vacation in CA.

Donna B. said...

Hi Donna...thanks for stopping by. Still no luck on getting the music link on my blog, but I will keep trying. I never used to be an abstract painter, but I find myself more intrigued lately...