This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, September 25, 2009

Photos, Digital Scrap Booking and highlights of Las Vegas...

I belong to a group of friends who enjoy Digital Scrap booking. It's like regular scrap booking, except it is all done digitally. All the supplies are kept filed in the computer, and the work is done in Photoshop Elements. That is where the challenge lies for me, learning Photoshop. I have 4.0 and 6.0 and I am the least experienced of our group.

One important aspect of digital scrap booking, is the taking of photographs. That is the fun part for me. I LOVE taking photos. Usually, the first day we are together, we go somewhere and take pictures and then the remainder of the weekend, we create digital pages with those photos.

We started the group July, 2008 and have had four different weekends, all here in Nevada, with the last one in California. Our first weekend (summer) and the second to the last in March (spring), we went to the Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. Every Holiday, Chinese New Year, spring, summer and fall, over 140 expert horticulturists arrange gazebos, bridges, ponds, water features with fresh flowers and plants displayed with creativity and theatrical impact. Absolutely wonderful in sight and smell. and if you are in town, do not miss it!

Also, at the Bellagio are the Fountains of Bellagio. Check them out on line. Totally spectacular the way the music corresponds with the movements of the water, dancing on the water to the rhythm of the music.

I really liked this photo I took of the sky light ceiling of the Conservatory...
It reminds me of some old historic building, with so much charm. One would never imagine it could be found on the Las Vegas Strip.The fragrant aroma of all the flowers is powerful and seductive to the senses. It is a wonderful place to enjoy time with friends, alone, or with someone special. Don't forget the largest ( 27 feet tall) chocolate fountain in the world at Jean-Philippe Pastisserie, not far from the Conservatory.

Daffodils and California Poppies, for me, are the happiest of flowers and make me smile every time I gaze upon them.
The creativity of the horticulturists is almost unbelievable in the way they surpass the various exhibits...

This shows the reflections within an orb water feature in the middle of the floor, showing off the multicolored flowers and the sky light of the Conservatory.It's an amazing place to be with a camera...

I would like to persuade a couple of my girlfriends, and my sister, who are so talented, to do a blog, showcasing their work. Not only are they gifted photographers, but their pages capture the most precious and memorable moments.

They do the 12 x 12 size pages, where I think I prefer to do a book with 8 x 11 sized pages.

On this beautiful summer's day in July, we were blessed with the most incredible rainbow over the Bellagio fountains. These next two photos, show before the water fountains began and then after the music started, and the rainbow appeared...


Guess that is all for now... My stomach is telling me it is time to eat...

No comments: