This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Second Care Conference for Dad...

We had a powerful rain storm with major thunder today in Nevada. As I sat at my PC typing, I about jumped out of my chair, with those loud BOOMS of thunder! Typically, it pours and rages and then it is all over within an hour or so...I do miss those rainy California days, when it rained all day long...

I spent most of the day researching the MLS listings our California Realtor sent me. Up until 2 days ago, we did not know if my husband would still have a job by this December. We leave for vacation this weekend but still plan to check out some properties in California. Despite California's problems, we are starting to feel drawn to return...

Today was Dad's second Care Conference. Mom attended in person and I sat in over the speaker phone.

Dad is walking with a front wheeled walker or using a wheel chair. Its all about balance and safety now. He is compliant and co-operative with his rehab. I know it is difficult for him and wears him out.

He is enjoying his regular diet, being able to eat whatever and whenever he wants. He weighs 122 pounds now, so he has put on weight.

His bifocals have still not arrived. The glasses are made in the prisons now, and since they have closed down a couple, it is taking longer. The inmates will engrave Dad's name on the ear arms, so hopefully they will not be stolen, like he other ones. My sister discovered last night, his reading glasses are missing. No doubt the work of the lady thief who my sister caught trying to take Dad's shoes.

I shouldn't really call her a thief, in the true sense of the word, because she is ill, this disease makes personalities change... but still, that doesn't help Dad.

They read the litany of Dad's health issues, and then the endless list of his medications. They reviewed the results of previous blood tests and x-rays when both Dad's hands were swollen.

They told us not to worry about Dad remaining on the long term ward, as he is already there, and he is not trying to escape.

What a relief, because we really appreciate all the care they give. This facility only takes Medicare/Medi-Cal/private pay. One would think it is for the rich and famous the way they treat Dad. Several of his nurses and CNA's care for him as if he were their Father.

Thank you Lord for all your many Blessings...

No comments: