This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bonus points for pizza....

Guys,

I had a nice visit with Pops today.

I greeted him with a hug, fish sandwich, vanilla shake. He destroyed them within minutes.

He was sitting in his wheel chair in the big TV room with about ten others. We all watched "Punked" for about an hour. We had some small chats during the commercials. Some of the folks were laughing, some were building puzzles, some were staring off into space and some were making strange noises.

Pops told me more than once how happy he was I was there. I told him it was good to be there too.

It reminded me of the movie Cocoon, or the Twilight Zone episode of "Kick the Can" with all the old folks. I asked Pops if he had seen the movie; and he told me he had. I asked if he remembered what it was about. He told me "how much he loves pizza". I just shook my head... If anyone wants to hit a home run with Dad, he is craving pizza BIG TIME!! We saw a commercial for Digiorno's Pizza and looked at it and said, "Wow, that makes me hungry...mmmmmm!!!"

He seemed like he was doing OK...

We ended our visit with a whisker rub, a hug and I love you.

love,

E____

No comments: