This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, September 11, 2009

Our last day in California...9-11-2009.

Today is our last day of our California house hunting expedition. We slept in at our hotel and had a nice breakfast at Mimi's Cafe in Rancho Mirage. We met our Realtor at noon and roasted in the humidity and 111 degree heat looking at properties. I think today, pretty much made up our minds, that Palm Springs, or any of the immediate surrounding area, is NOT where we want to live.

We looked in Beaumont, Cherry Valley and Hemet. We might look again in these areas, because we did see some possibilities that we might want to investigate...

Tomorrow we leave to return home to Nevada.

We have had two days of Internet connection problems, so I have gotten behind in my blog. The heat of the day will not subside this evening. We both feel it is much hotter here than in Nevada. We made a quick stop at Vons to pick up more water and some snacks. We basically took refuge in the air conditioning in our room, rather than venture out into the heat any more today.

We've been watching and remembering the American tragedy that happened eight years ago today. It almost seems sacrilegious to do much of anything on such a day...

No comments: