This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oh, the company of little boys...

We arrived at our eldest daughter's home around noon. We made a stop in Barstow for a bathroom break and breakfast. Shortly after we arrived, my grandsons, (ages 4 and 7) had me entrenched in video games, basketball, computer games, and non-stop discussions on Lego Star Wars , Lego Indiana Jones Space Police, Lego Pirates, and Lego Sponge Bob Squarepants.

We spent several hours alternating between my iTouch and my lap top playing various games I had downloaded for them. They love their Grandma, but those electronic devices sure come a close second!

No doubt we will be playing The Game of Life tonight or tomorrow. My daughter and I found the game at a yard sale when both my daughters came out to see us the end of July. The boys just love it! Whenever they want to play it, they ask their Mom..."Hey Mom, can we have some family fun time and play the Game of Life?"

We just finished a delicious chicken, pasta salad and watermelon dinner. I brought a DVD I had found of a collection of my amateur videotaping of the family. We all watched the oldest grandson's two year old birthday party at the park, which my Dad (Lil' Papa) and Mom (Granny) attended, some footage of our old house in Highland, and Christmas, 2004. Good times, good times..... as my grandson always says...

The boys are working on drawings for Lil' Papa so we can deliver them when we see him on Wednesday. The boys are brushing their teeth, getting ready for bed... well, I take that back, they just discovered I was on my lap top...

3 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

Donna, I realized that I had not visited your wonderful blog in a LONG time. What a yutz--my loss.It's like peeking into the window of a lovely family home, only without feeling shut out. I don't know how it got left off of my blogs to follow list, but it won't be any more. You have a wonderful gift and it's started my day out with a gentle warmth. Love the painting in the previous blog, by the way.

Donna B. said...

Thank you again...so far, you are my most frequent visitor, and I really am so thrilled. Please keep visiting. Your compliments light up my day!

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

I miss my kids. The daughter with my grandson moved 2 months ago, they now live in Oregon. I'm flying up for a weekend visit, but oh, how I miss them right down the road. Daughter #2 is California but it's a 5 hour drive one way to see them so I don't go as often as I'd like.

Family time is so special. Glad you had "good times!"