This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Think the anti-depressants may be kickin' in...

Mom went to visit Dad and to take back more clean laundry. Dad's right hand is looking almost normal, but his left hand is still swollen. His CNA is taking such good care of him and calls him, "Papa". Mom thanked her profusely for all her care and concern for him.

When I had visited Dad last week, I had taken a picture my grandson drew for him and taped it to the cupboard to his closet so Dad can view it from his bed. Dad had asked for some pictures of the boys, so Mom brought in two recent ones and taped them beside the picture. I think it would be a good idea to get a photo album for Dad and fill it with every one's pictures so he can flip through it and see all the faces of those who love him so...

They brought Dad a hardy lunch of steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, mixed veggies, two slices of whole wheat bread, pudding, milk and coffee. Course he polished it off in a hot second, and his Angel CNA, brought him a cheese sandwich on wheat bread, knowing he would still be hungry. He not only finished that with gusto, but also a bag of almonds Mom brought, along with a 100 calorie snack pack! Sure nothing wrong with Dad's appetite!!

Mom read the Bible and his Daily Bread to him, but he kept looking off into space as if he was not really interested. He started rambling about bad vibes, but Mom quickly encouraged him to remember what my brother told him yesterday, to concentrate on the good.

She thought he looked tired, so she leaned in to kiss him good bye, and was pleasantly surprised to get a few compliments from Dad. He told her how pretty she looked and when would she be back to see him. That really shows Dad is feeling better! Maybe those anti-depressants are finally kickin' in...

He told Mom I had called and told him I loved him and he had told me he loved me too. What a wonderful gift that he remembered that...I tell him every night, even when I don't speak with him, when I say my prayers...

No comments: