This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Monday, August 31, 2009

A thank you letter...

Today I was finishing off the last two bags of shredding from Dad's room and I came across this thank you letter to Dad from the Senior Pastor at his church...

July 15, 2003

Dear Don,

I wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you that a patient at F_____ P_____ Hospital named W......... L......... called me to tell me what an outstanding job you do serving as a chaplain at the hospital. He recently was in for a second eye surgery and greatly appreciated your spending time with him. He commented on your gentle, assuring manner and the spiritual strength you gave him.

God Bless you, Don, for using your spiritual gifts to help others by communicating Christ's love to those who are in a stressful situation and need the peace that Jesus offers.

In Christ,

T...... T.......
Senior Pastor

No comments: