This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Man, it's hot...

My brothers are all doing their Fantasy Football, an annual event with their friends. I Talked to Mom and my sister. Both of them are sweltering in the heat...Mom is busy going through Dad's stuff, trying to get it organized and boxed up. Last night my niece and brother were there helping to get the room cleaned out so they can begin painting.

We had planned on doing that for Dad back in May, but he was laid up with his rapid heartbeat and leg ulcers. Ironic how things worked out so my niece can move in, help, and keep Mom company.

Both my husband and I are feeling the effects of the heat...it is miserable out there! We watched Senator Ted Kennedy's funeral this morning. What a tribute to man, patriot and father.

Tonight we are going out with friends for dinner at Dan's Famous BBQ and to see Post Graduate. Wish it would cool off at night. Unlike California, it stays in the high 80's at night...just miserable. Thank goodness for air conditioning in cars, restaurants and movie theatres....

No comments: