This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, June 26, 2009

I've done all I can do...

I guess I have done everything I can do for the time being. I return to Nevada for sure tomorrow. Dad is settled in and seems happy there. He has everything he needs. Any thing else will only crowd him out of his space. We'll have to remind him from time to time, to "travel light".

I have no doubt we will have ups and downs and good days and bad, but at least we know he is safe and protected and well cared for.

I have concerns about Mom. I know how overwhelming this is. She will have her "adjustment" period, but with all our help, I know she will rise to the tasks at hand.

I appreciate the concern of my siblings. I respect and honor their advice for me to pass the lead baton to them and to trust they will continue on. They will make sure Dad is not lonesome and keep me in the loop, until I return next time.

May God continue to Bless you Daddy. Stay well and safe until I see you again...

No comments: