This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A day from hell...

Today I was on the phone from 7 am to 6 pm. Eleven hours straight. Never got dressed. Calls coming in on the house line (with no call waiting), Mom's cell and mine. All financial calls stemming from questions we had on the Admission paper work.

Dad called three times with "emergency lists" of things he needed plus a request for In and Out hamburger and a strawberry shake. Sorry Dad...I got my hands full and so does everyone else.

The Finance Manager was on vacation so no one could give us a "for sure" answer. I bounced back between Medicare, the Facility and Dad's insurance company. Never could reach Medi-Cal. That will be my mission tomorrow.

I thought I would be driving back home to Nevada tomorrow... But that ain't happenin'.

Thank God I have the most understanding and compassionate husband on the planet.

Too tired to write another word.

1 comment:

marcia said...

Donna, I am commenting on here and not at our COHS group, so it will be easier for you to find it...my heart utterly goes out to you and your family as you try to somehow survive in all this mayhem. I am so glad you all had such a sweet Father's Day! God bless all of you, especially your poor dad with that awful Alzheimer's...it is the curse of modern times.
Lots of love and prayers to you and yours,
Marcia Ambler, your COHS pal