This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-O-N......

What is so dang difficult?  I used to work for doctors.  Why can't these bozos working for doctors, give a simple phone message?  Doctors are busy, so staff is suppose to remind him.  What do I have to do to get a bloody response?? 

The doctor TOLD ME emailing was the best way to communicate with him.  I can only assume he is either not getting the messages or not reading his email.  I sent him an email 6-23-10, did not hear back so I canceled Dad's appointment.  I sent another email on 6-30-10, still nothing.  I have called at least once each day asking two separate girls in his office to PLEASE either have the doctor call or respond to my email.

I have spoken with one girl more than the other.  I worked on another email today, but have not sent it.
If he were MY doctor, no problem, I'd get another...I am trying to work with this guy...but I am really beginning to think we should get Dad a new doctor.

I am ready to have one of my brothers go to his office...

10 comments:

Mari said...

Aaaagggh! I would be frustrated too! I can't believe you haven't heard back from him yet. There is really no excuse for this. An e-mail is a fairly simple thing to do.
Do you have the option of another Dr? It's tough, because you don't want to get the reputation of being difficult - that won't help your Dad. (And I don't think you are, but if you worked for Dr's you know how that starts)
This Dr doesn't seem to have your Dad's best interests at heart though.

Tonya Vollertsen said...

That does sound frustrating! Hope it all works out.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I do know the problem, I think it is world wide. Doctors are a law unto themselves. I don't get much satisfaction when I vist the doctor.
I am on medication that needs a blood test every 6 weeks to make sure it's not affectting my liver, do I get one? no, last one was 18 months ago. we have no other doctor in the area so have to remain with this surgery.
Hope you get the help you need.
Yvonne,

Melanie said...

Someone is definitely not doing their job! How hard can it be to deliver a message?
Love the stress relief kit. I could use that sometimes!

Jeanie said...

Even for a very busy doctor, that is not acceptable. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes there.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Oh that is frustrating! I'd be ready to bang HIS head against something! Or maybe just those girls he works with! My husband had a small stroke last year and we tried and tried to get through to his cardiologist for some tests that the primary care doctor said needed to be done. Turned out the doctor had not received any of the messages! I was ready to spit tacks!

betty said...

this is very frustrating Donna!! I don't know what to advise other than perhaps it is time to look for a new doctor even though that is a pain to do, but effective and quick communication needs to be done on the part of the doctor no matter how busy they may be. I share your frustration!

betty

Anonymous said...

It can be difficult for doctors to get good staff, and sometimes they don't know if the staff are not doing their job properly either.
OK - that doesn't excuse him from not checking his email especially if he told you to contact him that way.
Head bangingly frustrating indeed!

PS: your card, dog, and footwear in previous post are just gorgeous.

Penny

Marguerite said...

I would definitely get another doctor, if possible. Hope it all works out, for your Dad's sake.

gayle said...

It has been more than 2 weeks!! I would be very upset!!