This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, March 5, 2010

Dad's doctor sent me an email...

I sent out a family email to everyone, hoping they all will agree with Mom and I to do nothing.  Moving Dad, putting him in the hospital for this procedure, having to sedate him, will be far too traumatic for him.  Even the doctor agreed with me when I emailed him about my concerns regarding what happened to my Mother in Law when she was sedated.

Dad's doctor emailed me back and told me he put Dad on Plavix to prevent future clotting.  He is willing not to do any further treatment if all of us agree. He agreed it would better to do nothing as Dad would not understand and would get combative.

I am awaiting everyone's votes...

6 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad he agreed with you. I think that sounds like a good plan.

Donna B. said...

Mari: I think so too...only one brother has not cast his vote...maybe tomorrow.

Jeanie said...

I hope you will hear from him soon so you can make the decision and not have to keep stressing about it.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I'm not a nurse, but I think you've made the right decision. It would be even more heartbreaking to lose the part of him that you still have. Prayers to you, my friend.

Donna B. said...

Jeanie and Linda: We are all in agreement now. I sent an email to the doctor letting him know we are all on the same page.

JeannetteLS said...

I am so glad that people responded to you quickly and you are all on the same page. Donna, you know my prayers and thoughts are with you. Making decisions to do nothing can be the hardest of all. And the most loving.

In the months I've been following your journey--since you started posting, just about, all I am struck with repeatedly is your honesty, your grace, your HUMANITY and HUMANNESS, and your love. I've missed checking things out here. Take care, my friend. We love you. Jetty