This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dare we hope...

I am happy to report, in the five days my husband has been off, he and Izzy have become a lot friendlier.  Dare we hope, their relationship will continue after my husband dawns his suit and returns to work?  Izzy and he play, as my husband belly laughs himself into oblivion!  He gets the biggest kick out of Izzy.  Despite me asking him not to, he insists on sharing his morning toast and pieces of turkey with her.

His excuse to me is, "She almost drown, the poor thing had a near death experience!!" She fell in our son's pool during Thanksgiving dinner.  I had just finished a delicious bite of yams, and suddenly heard a high pitched YIP! from the backyard.  I raced to the backyard, and she was no where in sight.  I called to her and another YIP!! sprang from the far corner of the yard.  In between the pool's waterfall, and the spa, was our little pup-cycle hanging on to the side of the pool for dear life...

Her eyes are so big anyway, but soaked to the bone, all I saw were a pair of huge, frightened, eyes looking up at me, with chattering teeth beneath.  I scooped her up and yelled for a towel, then took her into the bathroom to dry her off.  Poor thing was pure ice, but after a good toweling and a little help from the hair dryer, she was back to a normal temperature.

So, my husband still thinks, the trauma of a nearly drowning, warrants extra measures of compensation.  I am just happy they are becoming buddies. No barking and no growling! She actually will follow him around too, and stay in the same room with him.  He has been able to get some pets around her face and neck, but still not on her body.  Slowly but surely...one day at a time...

No comments: