This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, June 10, 2012

What I've Been Up To...

I have not been posting too much lately because we've had back to back house guests since last Monday...my girlfriend Connie arrived Monday morning and left Thursday morning.  Then our friends Diane and Ernie from Tucson arrived Thursday afternoon and just left at noon.  Tonight we are having our local family over for a BBQ.

Five days before the company arrived, we finished getting our new laminate wooden floors installed.  We replaced all the carpeting in our home with the laminate.  I still have not put back everything...

February, March and April we had our spa removed, the hole filled in and pavers laid down in the space where the spa and decking once were.

I don't mind sharing, I AM FED UP WITH HOUSE PROJECTS!  I have a ton of books...four bookcases full.  I had to break it down and twine up all the books in preparation for the laminate install.  Now I am seriously re-thinking putting the book cases back in the house.  I may donate a lot of them and keep only the ones I have not read yet and a few special ones...

I posted the before and after pictures on my other blog here, in case you are interested.

Better zip...family is due any minute....bye for now...

No comments: