This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, January 21, 2011

This Is Really A Nice Place...

I spoke with Dad today.  He sounded tired, but in good spirits. My sister had just visited him and his voice was full of love as he told me how good it felt to hold her...

No news on when he will return to the nursing home.  He told my sister what a nice place it was.  He thought the bed was comfortable, the food was good and the people were very nice.  He did not know he was in a hospital.

I told Dad not to worry.  I told him how much we all loved him and I would be talking with his nurses and doctors every day.  All he had to do was to rest, eat and do what the nurses told him to do.  When I called him Papa-doots, he managed to give me a little chuckle...

10 comments:

Mari said...

I'm sure the nurses in the hospital are enjoying taking care of your Dad. He is so lovable! People like him make it a joy to be in his room, which is a blessing for you because I think he is probably checked on often.
Hope he is able to leave soon though!

Southhamsdarling said...

So pleased that your dad is in good spirits and that he thinks it is a nice place. It makes such a difference if you can think that he is happy at the moment. The love that you and your family feel for your dad just leaps off the page, and I'm sure he knows how much you all love him.

CiCi said...

Hearing a chuckle from your dad would sound really good I imagine. I hope he continues to recover.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like his positive frame of mind has stayed with him. I hope he will be back to the nursing home soon.

Pat said...

He sounds in good spirits, and isn't that half the battle? Hope he recovers soon.

Betty W said...

I´m glad your dad is doing better and hope he can return to his "home" soon.

gayle said...

Just reading all of this today. I am so very sorry your dad had to go to the hospital but glad he is doing better. Hopefully he will be out soon.

I love the pictures of your grandson especially the one with the rose!

Are you feeling any better? Hope so!

Kass said...

How very sweet. Your dad sounds like a lovely man.

Darlene said...

I am glad that your Dad is doing better and in a good place until they return him to the nursing home. I know nothing about his meds but glad you are trying to keep up as good as you can with them. It is hard even when you are there, but you can ask at any time to see his chart or info about what he is being given over the phone. How well I remember when my Dad was in the hospital and the nursing home. It is hard to live away from seeing your Dad daily or regularly as the same was with me and I did the best I could as you are. Good for him that he has you. It is a lot of work but so necessary. Hang in there and all the best.

Chatty Crone said...

He sounded like he was having a good day and that is great - all we have is one day at a time.

sandie