This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, October 1, 2010

Updates...A Little Of This and A Little Of That...

Its drizzling today... October always dials down the temperature.  By Halloween it will be very chilly here and will spin us into our winter season.

I am tidying up my desk, AGAIN...getting the last minute details resolved before my sister arrives tomorrow morning. I AM SO EXCITED! My husband and his buddy leave in the afternoon for California.  He has his annual Mexico trip with his good friends and a couple of his sons.  My sister and I will have the house to ourselves and a whole seven days to do whatever we feel like doing, whenever we feel like doing it.  Stay tuned, I will be posting some of our activities...

I have been talking with my daughter Jodee every day and little Jacob continues to be a "good" baby.  He is eating and sleeping every two to three hours. His navel raisin fell off the other day.  Her incision is healing and feeling better and better.  She has been able to get some good sleep and naps, as her boyfriend Jeff cooks her delicious meals and helps so much with the baby.  I am so happy everything is going so well...I miss them so much.

I learned I do not have arthritis of the eye, it is actually called Episcleritis, which is inflammation in the outer part of the white of the eye.  My doctor compared it to arthritis of the eye, in that it involves inflammation.  She suggested artificial tear eye drops, green leafy vegetables, fish oil and to let her know if I have any further problems.

My kink in my neck is a lot better...still a little stiff, but way better...at least I can turn my head now...pretty tricky driving home from California and not being able to look over my shoulder...

Since Izzy returned from boarding, she no longer hides under my bed when it is time to get in her crate.  She just goes right in without a fuss.

Last night my husband and I went to see WALL STREET.  We planned on going on his birthday, but we were both too tired. I may have to see it again, because I am "investment challenged" with all that Wall Street Talk, but the acting by Carrie Mulligan and Shia La Beouf really stood out.  Frank Langella always delivers and it was nice to see Susan Sarandon again.  Haven't seen her in any movies in awhile.  Michael Douglas as always was a toned down Gordon Greko.  The scenes with his daughter (Mulligan) were very touching.

I feel so bad for Michael Douglas, having stage four throat cancer.  He looks so gaunt in recent pictures and is under going chemo.  I have always been a fan of the Douglas men.  I was a huge Kirk Douglas fan, especially in SPARTACUS, THE VIKINGS, TWENTY THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA and LUST FOR LIFE. 

His Father fought with a vengeance after his stroke, so lets hope Michael can beat throat cancer...

8 comments:

Mari said...

It sounds like things are going well with you and fun times are almost here! Have a great weekend.
PS - I enjoyed your Tony Curtis post too. I can't believe you went to his house!

betty said...

when I think of Las Vegas, I don't think of it being very chilly, but I bet the change is nice after the HOT summer months. Neat to hear that little Jacob is doing well and Jodee is adapting to motherhood. So neat too that she has her own "personal chef" (hubby does all our cooking, love it!)

thanks for the review about Wall Street. I think we might see it soon.

again enjoy your time with your sister!

betty

Donna B. said...

Mari: Thank you :} I have been busy busy hustling around the house...and I better slow down or I will throw my back out again.

Thanks...I can't believe I went to his house either! I talked with my son in law. I think my sister and I will follow him and we will attend Tony's funeral. There is a reception afterwards at the Luxor, but not sure if we will go to that...we will see how it goes...

betty: Really, we only have three or four hot months...the rest of the time it is Spring weather and cooler winter weather. Jodee sent me a close up pic of Jacob's face with his eyes open. I will try to upload it off my phone to my computer this week. I feel like a little kid at Christmas, I am so excited to see my sister!!

Chatty Crone said...

You had a lot of thoughts there.

I love Micheal Douglas too - I hate when anyone has to go through that.

So you got a grandson! How cool is that?

How did you know you had arthritis of the eye - I have never heard of it - hope you feel better with everything.

Love,
sandie

Pat said...

I hope you have a good week with your sister! Party time!

I never quite heard losing the umbilical cord as "naval raisin". Too funny.

I hope Michael Douglas can kick this cancer, too.

septembermom said...

Wall Street does sound good. I'm also a Kirk Douglas fan. He really is a classic. I'm glad to hear that Jodee and Jacob are doing so well too.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I wondered if Wall Street was good.
And we finally stopped raining here.

Rose said...

sounds like the baby is doing well. looks like you will be kept busy with company as well the funeral. enjoy your time with your sister. rose