This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally...

The wound care nurse phoned me today to let me know she received the two pairs of compression stockings she ordered through Rehab, for Dad.  She told me his wound on his pinkie toe is getting smaller and looking so much better.  Between the blood thinners and the compression stockings, it is making a huge difference.

I tried calling Dad a couple times in the morning and had no luck.  I threw the left side of my back out again, dancing around the house.  I need to lose some poundage... I think I got carried away...so I laid down and napped the rest of the day away.

The weather has been so hot.  I filled Izzy's swimming pool, but she prefers only quick trips outside to do her business and comes right back inside to keep me company.  I got her one of those Fox Crazy Pets advertised on TV and she LOVES it!!  She shakes it and tosses it.  So cute.

Spent two days thrift storing, so I have to get rid of stuff if I buy more stuff, so things don't get all cluttered again...

Gotta get my husband to put another Icy Hot patch on me....

2 comments:

Mari said...

Glad your Dad's toe is improving. Now you better take it easy and get better too!

Rose said...

good news re dad's toe. not good that your back is giving you a problem. my husband tells me"if you get rid of stuff you can't feel you need to replace it". i don't listen . rose