This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bless Her Heart and Long May She Dance...


My cousin sent this to me...and as I watched it I had this HUGE SMILE on my face!  90 years old! My Dad loves to dance too...but lately, he does most of his dancing sitting in his wheel chair...

What amazed me is not only her endurance dancing throughout the entire song, with only one time to steady herself with her hand on the wall, but she danced wearing that sweat suit with a turtleneck underneath!  I would had combusted into flames!

Her grandson shot the video and put it on U-Tube.  Apparently she got more than a million hits.  She has done subsequent dances to "Dancing Like Jagger" and "Baby" by Justin Bieber.

Bless her heart and long may she dance!

3 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

Oh I agree, Donna. Bless her heart indeed! What a wonderful little clip. Gives hope to us all.

Mari said...

I love her! You can just see her cute personality shine through.
I hope she dances for a long time too. :)

Pat said...

This is hysterical! What a trooper! I'd send it to Ellen! Maybe she'd be asked to be a guest on her show!