This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

There's a Rumor They're Shipping Me To Mexico...

Dad called Mom the other night.  He wanted her to call his doctor, not his attorney (he does not have an attorney) because "they" were going to "ship him to Mexico"...

Mom asked who told him and Dad told her, "I heard it was a rumor".

Mom assured Dad he was too well loved there and no one would want him to leave...

"OK, good" and with that said, Dad hung up the phone...

The nurse called me two days ago and informed me Dad had GAINED six months this month...  Dad had lost 8 pounds in October and 7 pounds in November so we suggested more ice cream.  The staff agreed plus they are giving him a liquid supplement drink with his meals as well.  Guess it is working.

I hope I can talk with Dad tomorrow.  We plan on seeing him the day before Christmas.

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Hope you get to see him - Merry Christmas.

sandie