This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

How a day can change your life...

This morning I awoke at 5am to find my dear Father lying on the living room floor by the front door.  Instinctively, I knew something was horribly wrong.  He was weak, cold and talking nonsense.  He told me he fell.  I called 911 and called my brother.  He followed us to the  hospital, followed by two other brothers and my sister.

We spent the day taking turns being with Dad, supporting one another and loving one another, sharing our fears and worries for our Father's health.  I cannot possibly imagine going through an emotional event such as this alone, without them.

So far, he is dehydrated, the start of pnemonia, dementia and irregular and rapid heart beat.  It is so unnatural to see such a once vibrant and active man, looking so fragile and pale.  The horrible images of the day still haunt me and replay in my mind.

Please, those who may read this blog, please, pray for our beloved Father.  He is so good, kind and spiritual.  Please Lord, watch over him and allow him to feel Your presence, so he KNOWS he is NOT ALONE.

I am so  exhausted, but find it difficult to sleep.  I long for the morning to arrive so I can rush to his side and hold his hand in mine and tell him over and over how much I love him and how much he means to me and my life.

No comments: