This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Visiting Dad at Riverside National Cemetery...

Today my youngest brother E______ went by Riverside National Cemetery and visited Dad's niche.
The plaque was on and it turned out beautiful.

I had called yesterday to see if it had been placed.  Unfortunately their computers were down so I could not confirm it...  One of the men told me he had been out to the area where Dad was interred and told me he was pretty sure it had been placed.

My brother took pictures and sent them to all of us via email.  I will post them to share with you.  You can see what a peaceful resting place it is...

 Dad's wall

Dad's area with bench to sit

Leaving Dad's columbarium

It was a beautiful day...all was peaceful and quiet...My brother spent some time reflecting and visiting.  He felt like Dad was smiling down upon him.

3 comments:

Mari said...

It's really beautiful Donna. A very peaceful place.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's outdoors - what a beautiful setting.

betty said...

Looks like a nice final resting place, Donna, for your dad. I know at Christmas they put wreaths on the grave sites at Miramar where hubby's parents are buried and flags at Memorial Day. That is an impressive site to see.

betty