This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I Am So Grateful...Happy Thanksgiving...


Google images

I am so grateful
for our health
our family
our children
our grand children
our friends
our dog and grand pups
our life
so many
have 
so much less
this is the day
to focus on 
our many blessings
and to let those
who mean the most
know and feel
how much
they mean 
to our lives.

I am grateful
for another year
with my Father
He lives in the oblivious bubble
of Dementia/Alzheimer's
but we are so grateful
the disease has 
brought joy
happiness
and an outgoing nature
to him
Many experience
much worse.
Each November
we celebrate his birthday
and at 92
we are so very, very
grateful
to have him with us.

I am grateful 
for all my blogging friends
despite my
break in blogging
they remain loyal
concerned and supportive.

May each and every one
of you
have a blessed
safe
and wonderful
family/friend gathering
today
giving thanks
the best way for you
and may you all
be safe and healthy.

Happy Thanksgiving

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Nicely said Donna, and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Mari said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for.

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

betty said...

Great list of thankfuls, Donna! We truly do have lots to be grateful for indeed! Hope it was a great day!

betty

Linda O'Connell said...

Blessings to you and yours.