This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Prayers Answered...For Now....

Dad's doctor emailed me.  Our prayers were answered....for now.  He saw Dad last Friday and has determined Dad does not need amputation of his left foot yet....  He wants to try the liquid nitrogen again.

I am awaiting an email picture of Dad's foot from the hospice nurse... The last time I saw his foot was last May...

When Mom returned home, she had two phone messages from Dad.  One wanted to know where she was and the other wanted her to bring him some money...

I double checked with the nursing staff and they were unaware Dad made any calls.  One of the male caregivers, who spends a great deal of time with Dad, told me he thinks it is the only phone number Dad remembers and he calls it when he thinks of Mom.

Mom and I had a wonderful visit.  I got a wheel chair for her so when we went out to dinner and to take her gambling on her penny machines, it was so much more comfortable for her and kept her energy level higher.

We are planning on going to visit Dad as a family the Sunday before his 92nd birthday the first week in November.  The nursing home always celebrates all the October and November birthdays on Dad's birthday. It will start right after his nap... Very convenient because Dad thinks all the fuss is just for him.

Many thanks to all of my dear friends who continue to pray for Dad.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is wonderful news! I hope his birthday party is something to remember.

Mari said...

That's great news! Praying this treatment helps.
I love that the party falls on his birthday. :)

Unknown said...

That's good news, Donna. I'm hoping that the news remains good. Nothing like celebrating a birthday when the party feels like it's all his!!!

Linda O'Connell said...

Good news! Your dad will love HIS birthday party :) with so many in attendance.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Donna. Well, that is good news indeed that no amputation is needed at the moment. Glad that you had a lovely visit with your mum. Take care.