This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another Phone Call From Dad...

Dad called Mom tonight.  He was calmer, but still focused on getting money and a car.

"I need to get myself a car and open a bank account.  I have friends I want to take to lunch."

Mom was frazzled from wrestling with her on/off Internet connection, so she was not her usual quick witted self with diplomatic responses...

"You'll have to talk to your sons about this Don, I am tearing my hair out right now with this computer.  I may have to call a computer repair man..."

"Have you sent my check yet?"

"What check?"

"My check."

"You mean your pension check?"

"Yes, my pension check...I need some money."

"Your pension check goes into our account to pay all the bills..."

"I need a car too..."

"Well, like I said...talk to the boys..."

Mom began to talk about her frustration with her computer not working, but Dad was not interested, so he told her he had to go and hung up...


Mom called me to vent...  We both were frustrated the nursing home OBVIOUSLY did not disconnect his phone as they promised....

I need to go to Bible Study tomorrow... and the Tax guy comes at 1pm...then, I will call and tackle the nursing home...

Our contractor for our patio project (see all about it here) was suppose to come yesterday...but it was too windy....

Our contractor was going to come today instead...but he sliced his hand while loading equipment to come to our home...

He has to let his hand heal...but will try to make it by Saturday or next Monday...

Like I said, I need to go to Bible Study tomorrow....

2 comments:

Mari said...

Yes - you do need to go to Bible study. I hope you have a good day and get some answers from the NH!

Jeanie said...

Today will HAVE to be a better day, Donna. Your mom is lucky to have you to call when she needs to vent, but I'm not so sure it is always good for you. I hope you get the phone situation at the nursing home resolved so your mom won't keep getting those calls.