This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's Good to be Home...

Dad called Mom a couple days ago...

"Hello? K_____?"  (Dad called, thinking he had called my brother at Mom's house, but she was out....)

"You need to call my attorney and get him down here.  I am sick and I need him."

Dad hung up.

I called the nursing home and spoke with the charge nurse.  Apparently, Dad had thrown up his morning meds after taking the bigger pills with applesauce.  He only threw up once and was fine at lunch.

I wanted to speak with him, but he was sound asleep...

We arrived home on Monday, along with a big rainstorm, complete with thunder and lightning... Tuesday we re cooperated some more.  Both of us are nursing backaches from riding around in the car so much.

The memorial service was wonderful...

It is good to be home...

2 comments:

Mari said...

Welcome home! Hope your backs are back to normal soon.

Southhamsdarling said...

Good to have you back my friend. Hugs.