This blog was formerly dedicated in 2009 to my Dad who died of Alzheimer's in 2013. It's been three years now...and I find myself missing blogging...so I am re-inventing my blog... because, after all, life is about moving through, and going forward...

Friday, May 21, 2010

It was a nice thought while it lasted...

Well... those people came to look at our house yesterday.  For starters, the Realtor was lost and while I was on the phone giving her directions, the woman and her husband were knocking on our front door...A HALF HOUR EARLY!! 

They were kind of pushy.  The man kept trying to pet Izzy and I politely explained she is afraid of men.  He kept at it.  I reminded him she was rescued and had been abused.  Still kept it up.  She barked at him and I did not correct her.  THE IDIOT!

He sat himself down like we were loving relatives and made himself at home.  The woman has a sister in Pennsylvania.  The couple live in our community (bought a resale) and have the same model we do.  She went on and on how beautiful their house is, and the view they have of the Strip from their front door...GREAT!  I told her I was happy for them.

The Realtor started in on how the prices are dropping... I know that is BS due to our appraisal.  The lady asked if we wanted to sell, and I said, "If the price is right.  We are holding FIRM on our price."  There are only three of our models for sale right now.  The realtor had told me they wanted ours.

They gave me the third degree about the neighbors and everything and anything they could think of.  I kept wondering if they wanted to stay for dinner!!!

Finally, they left.  I received no phone call from the Realtor, so I doubt they are serious about buying.  I am sure the other models available are lower than we are.

I had called the retirement community in Hemet, CA, where we were considering moving before, in the morning before they came over.  Ironically, the home and lot we liked, is still available.  In fact the home next to it was sold, so they are building the one we liked on spec.  "IF" we wanted it...we have until June 10th to make our changes...They still have the incentives they had last month....but their HOA is over three times the amount of the one we pay now, because they have a third less homes in their community. They have also increased the price of the house.

We sign the final papers for our Reverse Mortgage this afternoon at 4:30pm.  I asked my husband if we should call the Realtor...and delay doing the Reverse Mortgage.  He doubts their interest from what I told him. They did not compliment the house, only the landscaping. He said if they want to buy it, we will up the price to absorb the fees for the Reverse Mortgage. So for now...that is that...

                                                        ***********

Finally was able to speak with Dad.  I had them wake him up from his nap.  He sounded very, very garbled.  I keep wondering if that is from the bleed on his brain...He sounded tired.  He complained of his "internal problems", telling me he was not too happy about it.  I know what he meant.  He really hates the incontinence.  I can't blame him.  I would hate it too. I reminded him what he always used to tell me, to think positive...look for all the positives you can find..

I am pretty sure Doctor-Doctor is off today.  She was off last Friday when he returned to the nursing home. So, I told him he could look forward to seeing her tomorrow.  He told me he knew I was right and he is trying, but it is so difficult...  

My heart aches for him. Talk about an exercise in humility...

He said he was sleepy, and he sounded like he was drifting off to sleep.  I asked if he wanted me to let him rest before dinner, and he told me he thought he better...

I told him I loved him and I prayed for him every day.  He called me honey and dear, telling me he loved me too...rest well little Papa...rest well...

3 comments:

Mari said...

Some people can be so annoying! It would be nice if they would step up and buy the house though!
Hope your Dad sleeps well and is able to see Doctor, Doctor tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Really? Hemet? Do you know how close that is to where I live? I used to go and visit a lady in Hemet at the assisted living place there. Plus, they are building an alzheimer's wing at the same assisted living place.

I hope it works out. I'm sure your dad would love to have that time with you.

Donna B. said...

Mari: I just could not believe those people!!!

Chocolate: You need to email me girl and let me know where you live. Maybe we can arrange a lunch one day...